It's my prayer that as Christmas draws nearer each day, that I would take time to reshift my focus... not worry so much about getting all of the presents wrapped, cookies baked and parties hosted but rather prepare my heart for the birth of Christ and aim to fully please Him and glorify Him amidst all of the hustle and bustle....
Monday, December 12, 2011
Count Down!
Whoa, December - slooow down! That's how I'm feeling right now as I attempt look at my kitchen table stacked with Christmas lists, not yet mailed Christmas cards and presents that need to be wrapped and bagged. Don't get me wrong - I love doing these things! It's just so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and loose sight of what it means to truly prepare for Christmas. Carson and I have really been exploring what Advent means to us this month. As a child, I remember Advent meant you would light a candle each Sunday and move the mouse to the next day on the Advent Calendar in our kitchen. It was a fun way to countdown to presents Christmas. As we are beginning new traditions with our family, we are considering what Advent will look like in our home. As exciting as Christmas presents and Santa Claus are, we want our family to have a full understanding of what we are really counting down to...the birth of our savior, Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment