Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Surprise birthdays, good friends and Maryland Crab...what a way to spend a weekend!

Carson and I traveled up to Maryland this past weekend to be a part of the best surprise party I've ever had the honor of being a part. The Constances are great family friends of the Speights. We spend each summer at the beach with the Constances and always have the best time. John and Hayden and their daughters Brittany and Megan are some of the most fun people I have ever had the privilege of spending time with and this weekend was no different. Megan and Brittany pulled off the best surprise party to celebrate both John and Hayden's 60th birthdays. Instead of us being at the house and surprising them as they returned home, about 60 guests collected at the end of their very long driveway and rang the doorbell to give them their surprise. It was a huge success and such a fun night! The remainder of the weekend was spent watching soccer, attending an Orioles vs. Nationals baseball game, enjoying an amazing dinner in downtown Baltimore Saturday night and of course pigging out on some Maryland blue crabs for lunch on Sunday! This weekend was also very special because we were celebrating the birthday of Carson's mom as well. My mother-in-law, Jane, is so special to me. I really don't like to tag "in-law" onto her title because she truly is a mother to me. I am so blessed to be able to have two amazing women in my life that I can call "mom". We are very close and always joke about how many similarities we share. Being able to spend the weekend with her on this very special birthday was such a blessing and we hope that she felt as special as she is to all who know her! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment