Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Few of My Favorite (Summer) Things

In the midst of the lovely summer heat wave we are experiencing in Raleigh currently, I thought I'd take some time to remind myself of why I love summer so much...

Beach - One of my favorite things to do in the summer is go to the beach. I love the feeling of spending the entire day on the beach soaking in the sun and salt while reading a good book and then heading home to shower all the grime off and continue to relax and eat a yummy seafood dinner. If you know me well, you know that I hate hate hate to be hot and the beach is the only place I can stand it. When I'm not on the beach I prefer to be inside with the A/C cranked up to full blast - or at least 76 degrees, which is the lowest my sweet husband will set it to :).

Farmer's Market - When I'm home, I love to get fresh fruit from the Farmer's Market to make fruit salad. I just made a delicious combo of watermelon, cantaloupe and blueberries this morning and I can't wait for it to get nice and cold so I can enjoy it. I'm going to try really hard to save some for Carson...

Hydrangeas - I have absolutely no green thumb but I do have fantastic luck growing the most beautiful hydrangeas in our yard. Every summer, they bloom the most beautiful blue and purple from May to October. I love clipping them and putting them everywhere in our house as well as giving them away as gifts.


Sitting on our deck- After it cools down a bit in the evening, Carson and I sit on our deck, turn up the Pandora and enjoy some QT just relaxing and talking and taking in the lightening bugs (the only bugs I don't mind) that fly all over our yard. Usually we enjoy margaritas on the deck, but this summer it's sparkling cranberry juice with a lime for me! :)

Thunder storms - Sadly, we haven't had any good ones yet this summer, but there's not much better than watching a big summer thunderstorm.

Homemade Ice Cream - We just made the most awesome Reese's Cups Peanut Butter ice cream in our Cuisinart Ice Cream maker last week. If you like peanut butter you would LOVE this ice cream. I got it from a blog I like to read called, The Girl Who Ate Everything. I've tried several of her recipes and they are all amazing!

Ahhh, okay. I think I can make it to October now....

No comments:

Post a Comment