So... I had my 16 week appointment this morning and as you can imagine I was so excited....I've only waited four weeks to hear our little one's heartbeat again. In walks...Dr. Downer ( as in Debbie Downer except he was a man). I could literally hear the "waaa-waaaaa" as he entered the room. I mean, I know these doctors see preggo ladies all the time, but seriously muster up a little excitement for me! Fake it if you have to. I only have a baby growing inside of me...no big deal, right?
Well I think it's pretty flippn' fantastic! As much as Dr. Dud tried, he could not put a damper on my good mood! We listened to the heartbeat which we heard immediately as soon as the doppler touched my belly. It was "strong and steady" and we heard the baby kick which was so cool. According to my
Apparently, I've started to "show" enough for my kindergarteners at school to notice.
Jack: "Mrs. Speight, your belly is getting fatter." (Thanks, Jack)
Joey: "Mrs. Speight, when we come visit you when we're in 1st grade you might look like Santa Clause." (Well, I did read somewhere that I might grow hair in some unusual places...)
Later that day....
Joey: "When you get skinny again will you still be our teacher?" (Ouch, that one hurt!)
And one more thing...the countdown in ON! Just 2 more weeks until we find out if we're having a Mini Carson or a Mini Dani. Take the poll and let us know what YOU think!




Boy...No girl...Well, I don't think I should get a vote. I'm too close to the situation.
ReplyDeleteMan, I wish your gyno could be Dr. Huckstable. Too bad he is a fictional character.