The day is finally upon us. Tomorrow I go back to work. As much as I miss my sweet class and co-workers, I know tomorrow will be a very difficult day. The past two and half months have been equally the most wonderful and most challenging months I have ever experienced. Even through the more difficult moments of having a newborn, I have truly loved every single moment with my precious boy. This past week, was especially memorable. Carson was home with us the whole week and we spent some great family time together. Hudson has begun to develop such a sweet and joyful personality. He has begun "talking" and interacting with us more and more. He has been learning the art of conversation (please ignore my annoying ridiculous encouragement) and has noticed Lilly. He loves his playmat and swing and is grabbing at toys (and my hair). He continues to sleep 12 hours a night (woohoo!). Each morning he wakes up talking and cooing to himself. When I go to get him up to eat he greets me with a smile ear to ear. It's the best. I can see now why everyone says it's tough to go back at the 12 week mark. Things are getting so fun!
While I'm at work, Hudson will be at Country Sunshine Children's Center. The teachers there are absolutely the best. I know this first hand as I used to work there and my Mom still teaches pre-school there. Knowing that Nana (as well as all of Hudson's other adopted Grandmas and Aunts) will be there helps ease my mind so much. I know he will be is such good hands at CSCC, I will just miss him so so much.
I guess this is one of those very first times that I'm going to need to let go. My prayer tomorrow is that I will give my worry over to the Lord and that He will replace the burden of needing to control Hudson's routine with peace in believing that eventually he'll adapt to his new surroundings, I'll get back into the groove at work and I'll still have tons of time to spend with Hudson each afternoon, evening and weekend. I know it's going be okay :).
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock." ~Isaiah 26:3-4


No comments:
Post a Comment